Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Follow Me, Me

For fun, I decided to be my own follower of this blog. (Yep, see, my own little face there under "followers.") When I thought about it, I realized there might be something to that. Do we ever think to follow ourselves? I don't mean, to follow the meagre, selfish ego-selves, the "old selves" we too often present. I'm talking about following the new and true self - that part of us which is "hidden with Christ in God."

It's so hidden, in fact, it's hidden from ourselves. It is hard to believe how beautiful and light-filled we really are, deep within. And the more we struggle and fight and let the selfish, outer self take over, the more that spirit gets denied and ignored.

Those deep stirrings of truth, love, wonder. That's the real you. So hey. Go on and follow you, you.

No comments: